Monday, November 17, 2008

Friend and a Covalent Bond

When you desperately need a shoulder, if you have a person to lean on then that makes the person special and he/she is called a 'Friend'.

Friends are those whom we choose and some are made for us.I have tried to discover a friend in so many people but it always ended as a one way affair. At last I have got some whom I can proudly say 'These are my friends'.


A friend to me should be like a covalent bond. For non chemistry guys let me give some intro on bonds:

Covalent bond: Bond in which one or more pairs of electrons are shared by two atoms.
Ionic bond: Bond in which one or more electrons from one atom are removed and attached to another atom, resulting in positive and negative ions which attract each other.

As we see above I feel friendship is all about sharing. So many times I have ended up having people who never led me an ear when i wanted to share something. For me they can never be friends.

For me a friend is who listens to what you tell, who is there for you even if you are far,who understands you even if you do not utter a word.

Most of all he/she is a person who has the same frequency as yours. I have got few who actually match these criteria.

Thanks to infy which gave me something which I can cherish all through out my life. So for those who say that you are friends of someone, just ask a question to yourself if you were there for a person when they needed you, or atleast you listened to them when they wanted to share something.

Its very easy to say I am his/her friend but very hard to put it in action.

No comments: